2018 Winter Olympic speed skater
Alexandra is an Olympic long track speed skater, living and training in Calgary, Alberta since 2008. Alexandra competes in the 500m, 1000m and 1500m distances.
Alexandra was born in 1991, in Sibiu, Romania. She started skiing, skating and playing tennis, at the age of 2. Her mother was a Romanian national champion speed skater in 1986, and encouraged Alex to pursue her dreams as a speed skater.
After moving to Toronto, Ontario with her family in 2001, Alexandra started speed skating with the Toronto Cyclones.
In 2008, Alexandra left her family behind at the age of 16, moved to Calgary to pursue her dream of representing Canada on the world stage. That dream soon became a reality as she represented Canada at the World Junior Championships in Seinajoki, Finland and Groningen, Netherlands in 2011.
Alex made her debut on the Canadian national team starting in fall 2014. She has since competed in 2 World Sprint Championships, and over 48 World Cup Competitions. Alexandra currently holds two national records, the 500m, and the 1000m.
Alex loves to paint and draw in her free time, which she also sells to support her skating career. She is also a business owner and is an online personal trainer. A big fan of Aerosmith and the Rolling Stones, she finds time for friends and enjoys going to rock concerts when she isn’t cooking up a storm in the kitchen.
Alex has competed at the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang, Korea, in the 500m event. She has now transitioned to track cycling and resides in the greater Vancouver area. She is pursuing competing in the Tokyo 2020 summer Olympics, before returning to speed skate in the 2022 Beijing Olympics, and the 2026 Calgary Olympics.
- Height: 5’7″ / 169 cm
- Weight: 130lbs / 60 kg
- Birth date: 1991/10/21 in Sibiu, ROM
- Boots: Apex Custom
- Blades: Maplez 16.5”
- Music: Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, KYGO
- Food: Sushi, Korean BBQ.
- Favourite rink: Collalbo, Italia
- Languages: Romanian, German, English and French
- Hobbies: Skating, cooking, painting, road/track cycling, tennis and skiing.
- 2018 Winter Olympic Games
- 2018 World Sprint Championships, China, 18th place
- 2017 World Sprint Championships, Calgary, 28th place
- 2018 National Record Holder 500m & 1000m Romania
- 2014 Gold 500m Canadian Championships – overall
- 2014 Silver 1000m Canadian Championships – overall
- 2014 500m track record in Canada Cup 3
- 2011 Team Canada World Junior Championships
- Represent Canada at the 2020 Summer Olympic Games (track cycling)
- Compete at 2022 & 2026 Winter Olympic Games (speed skating)
- Grow online personal training business
- Empower young women through sport & public speaking
- Publish personal cookbook
- Design for lululemon Women & Go line
- Race 2018 Canadian National Track Championships in Milton, Ontario
- Qualify for 2019 UCI Track Cycling World Cups
- Compete in World Single Distance Championships in Inzell 2019
- Compete in World Sprint Championships in Heerenveen 2019
- Compete in ISU European Championships in Collalbo 2019
Alex is extremely proud to represent her supporters, and is always looking for great people and companies to join #TeamAlex
Competing in the 2018 Winter Olympics was just the start for Alex, as she is hungry for more. She is now training full time in track cycling, with the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics in mind. You can become a part of #TeamAlex and support Alex on her journey to #Tokyo2020 and #Beijing2022 by clicking the button below. Your direct support is greatly appreciated and goes towards funding the following:
$2,500 yearly coaching fees
$590 yearly club registration fee
Weekly massage therapy
$7,000 track equipment
$150 weekly grocery bill
Travel expenses to competitions in USA & CAN
WHAT CAN ALEX DO FOR YOU?
In return for your support, Alex has 3 different packages to offer. Please use the contact page to request the PDF document as well as a full expense report.